Thursday, July 25, 2013

How Do You Do Dice??

I have been seeing a classroom dice storage project all over Pinterest and blogs since last summer and I finally decided to work on completing it. I think this will really be helpful for students to grab their dice for math stations and go! It will also help with the problem of certain students (you know you always have a few) that refuse to roll the dice correctly so it doesn't shoot all the way across the room!
I had purchased the magnetic boards at the Target dollar spot earlier in the summer and decided one of them would work perfectly! I found the magnetic dice containers (or whatever they are really made for!) at Michaels the other day and loved the colors they come in. I purchased the gold, white and black to coordinate with my board but they also come in red, green, and silver! 
I just picked up some letters while at Michaels and added that to the top and the letters included some polka dots so I threw those onto the bottom of the board just for fun!
I hot glued my ribbon hangar on the back so it doesn't come loose when hanging.

This was so simple to create and I love how it looks! More importantly, I think it is going to be a great asset to the management in my classroom! What do you think??

4 comments: